Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
The Booksigning That Wasn't. . .

. . .a booksigning, that is.

The booksigning at RomCon wasn't what I expected. The only books available were brought by the authors. Some authors were selling them; others were just giving them away. Still, other authors were giving away goodie bags, or just (like me) had cover flats to sign for fans. Not that I had lots of fans (still working on that), but it was fun to watch and learn.

I think next year, I might bring some books to sell, but we will have to see if this techno-challenged oldster can figure out how to set it up. Either that, or I can just take cash. I did have a great time talking with the author next to me, and watching who the most popular among the fans were. Needless to say, there were too many to name, but I did notice that there wasn't anything in particular the popular vs non-popular were doing. It really did seem to be name recognition.

I have already registered for next year's RomCon. Now that I have some idea what goes on, I've already started looking for goodie bag contents and other things. I've got almost an entire year, and I love to create things. So, maybe it's time to put on the creative hat and see what percolates to the top.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)