Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Sunday, July 14, 2013
Historical Hijinks at RomCon

So, I'm back after a week at teen camp. It was fun, and exhausting. I love being around teenagers. They have so much energy and enthusiasm that I hope a little will rub off on me.

Now, back to RomCon. The next activity I participated in was Historical Hijinks, pulled together by Melissa Mayhue. A number of historical authors all got together for historical fun and games. I was partnered with Elizabeth Essex and we played a dice game. Each participant got their own pair of dice and a stake of (foil-wrapped chocolate) coins. We played Crown and Anchor, a game played by sailors in the Royal Navy while away on ships. Although, they played it on dry land, too. It was hilarious. If you have never played dice with Elizabeth, you have no idea what you're missing. I'm already looking forward to next year!


The other activities in the room involved learning how to use a fan, needlepoint, and two others that my poor brain has forgotten.

Each participant received a goody bag filled with books, bookmarks, and other swag donated by each of the authors. My contribution was a small porcelain flowered trinket box.

I hope we will be doing some more hijinks next year, and that more will join us.

Up next: the booksigning. Until then, I hope you are reading some wonderful books this summer.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)