Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Friday, April 20, 2012
Starred Review!!
I've been very happy for over a week now. A mere two days after the release of The Scarred Heart, I got a Google alert for it. You'll laugh to know that I was such a newbie that when I followed the link to the Library Journal's site and found what I considered a nice review, I thought, "OK. That's nice." I was so glad it wasn't a bad review that never occurred to me to think it was such a good thing. I have since been educated.

The first person was my editor - who emailed me about the review. Her exact words were: Congratulations, Denise – Scarred Heart garnered a starred review at Library Journal Reviews!!!
The excitement was obvious in her comments. "OK," I thought, "this is not just a good thing, but a big deal."

Then, tonight at my RWA Chapter's retreat, I was talking to a NYT Best Selling Author and mentioned the review. She was ecstatic. "You need to post that everywhere!" was her verdict.

So, I'm starting here. This is obviously a big deal. Starred reviews from the Library Journal are not easy to come by. If you want to check out this unusual phenomenom, click here. Then come back and tell me what you think.

2 Comments:
Blogger Maria said...
Congratulations Denise! That is a wonderful review. I have your book but just haven't had a chance to read it and now I'm even looking forward to it more!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Thanks, Maria. I've never written such an emotionally challenging book before, so I'm glad people are liking it so far.

Post a Comment

Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)