Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, January 03, 2012
Happy New Year
I hope everyone weathered the holidays well and is looking forward to the year ahead. I know I am, and not just because I have three books coming out this year.

I look forward to every year. For me, each year is a new beginning that brings a wealth of new opportunities and challenges. There are new things to do, to see, to learn, to experience, and to enjoy. There will be new people to meet and get to know. There will be new places to discover and new ways to grow in my faith. I look forward to every single one.

And while I anticipate each new thing with the eagerness of a child, I am old enough to know that I won't like everything that comes my way. There may be new people to meet and get to know, but there will also be loss and tearful goodbyes as people pass away. That's life. I won't like it, but I will survive it.

Are you looking forward to taking in the panoply of experiences life has to offer? I hope so. I firmly believe that each of us is on this Earth to make a difference in the lives of those around us. We meet so many people and touch so many lives throughout our own that it is almost impossible to know who we've made an impression (good or bad) on. The beauty of enjoying life is knowing that your enthusiasm will shine through. For me it's knowing that God's love comes through in my every action.

You may never know whose life you will affect for the better, but does it really matter?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)