Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Sunday, October 02, 2011
Long Weekend
How do you make two days feel like four? Easy - just pack four days worth of stuff into those two days. That's what I did this weekend - and I should know better, but this only happens five times in three months, so I think I'll survive. In the meantime, I get to Sunday evening wondering what in the world happened to my weekend. So, here's a short rundown on it.

Saturday was a football game for the local University. My youth group, as a fundraiser, man a parking lot near the game. We take money for people to park and put out signs when the lot is full. Sounds easy, right? Well, it is sort of easy, but it starts with getting up at 0-dark-thirty to go put signs out to block off the lot. Once we get there to open the lot and start parking, it's four hours on your feet. And, this Saturday it was during the heat of the day. By the time we were done at the lot, we were all tired. But, we weren't through. Then we adjourned to the church and counted money, then divided it up between all the groups. In the middle of all that, I ordered pizza for my parking crew and went to get it. By the time I got home I'd been gone for 6 1/2 hours! All I was good for was showering and falling into bed.

Sunday is always a long day. Starting with Sunday School/Church in the morning. I usually get home by 1 pm. Today I got home around 1:30. Then I have to eat something, review the lesson for youth group, then be back by 4 pm. Youth group runs from 4-5:30, maybe 6:00. Then I get to come home and catch up on everything else that didn't get done that weekend. And get ready for work the next day.

It may not read like it was four days - but it sure felt like it.

Next weekend, I will get some rest. Oh, wait. There's another football game next Saturday!

Denise

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)