Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, June 13, 2011
News
I haven't been out here in ages, but there has been very little to report and I've never been good at small talk. So, I don't post unless I have something to say. So, today, I have two things to say. I have good news and bad news.

The bad news first. . .

In July I will be having surgery to drain an arachnoid cyst in my head. According to my doctor, I get to spend three days in the hospital and another 3-6 weeks at home recovering. I am hoping that I won't be completely out of commission during that 3-6 week period so I can do some writing and editing. But, since I don't post here on a regular basis, I thought I should at least let you know there is an actual reason for my silence rather than "nothing to say" this time.

And now for the GOOD news!!!!!

I now have a new editor at Samhain and she has contracted The Scarred Heir! I know many of you are waiting (patiently) for Edward's story and I'm about halfway through its re-write, but in the meantime, as soon as I get a publication date for Max and Sarah, I'll let you know. If you don't remember this one, here is the blurb for it:

Sarah Standish thought she found the man of her dreams–until she discovered he was in league with her uncle to steal her inheritance. Now he’s back–only he’s not the same man and seems to have no memory of the humiliation she dealt him before a packed church two years before. Can she trust her heart that tells her his interest is genuine this time?

Max Dayton has returned to England after a three-year self-imposed exile in France. He’s not looking for a woman, but Sarah’s animosity intrigues him. He’s certain he’s never met her before, yet she draws him to her every time she comes near. When he discovers that it’s his twin brother she abhors, his protective instincts kick in–whether she likes it or not.

As the two of them team up to solve the mystery of her missing father, a three-year-old murder, and why Max’s brother feels the need to impersonate him, all bets are off when it comes to the attraction between them. But, Max’s brother has a secret he’s willing to kill to keep–even if the next victim is his own brother.


As soon as the synopsis is finished (sigh), I will be sending my editor The Scarred Heart. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm a slow writer during the best of times, but I'm so bad at writing synopses that it may take me until Christmas to get it done.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:
Anonymous Laurence Brown said...
I hope your surgery goes well and the arachnoid cyst is removed. Congrats for Samhain deal, what I admire about them is the amount of time they spent in creating covers. lets hope Edward's story is finished soon so that weal can read it.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)