Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Denise Patrick who?
I have a confession to make. It's not earth-shattering, and you may have even figured it out by now. I'm not Denise Patrick. At least I wasn't born that way, nor did I marry someone with the last name Patrick. What I did was take my middle name and my husband's middle name and combine them when I was deciding on a pseudonym.

So, why today's confession? In the last two days I have received email for two other Denise Patricks. One of them uses her middle initial in her email address and promised to correct errant senders. The other was more problematic. It seems that Google allowed her to set up an email account using denisepatrick@gmail.com even though I already had a gmail account. Except for Google allowing her to clean out my account originally when she set hers up (I was able to change the password and get it back), there have only been a few bumps in the road.

Over the past few years, I have received email intended for one or the other, but after yesterdays two emails for another Denise Patrick, then another today - which was a receipt for a purchase - I decided to do something about it. Because her address was also on the receipt, a quick Google search turned up her phone number at her office and I made the call.

I'm certain she thought I was a strange person calling her. Her secretary definitely thought so. But, once I explained why, it all made sense. So, I think we have ironed it all out and I now have another email address to contact her at should I continue to receive mail for her.

As for news, there is little to report. My editor still has The Scarred Heir on her desk, and The Scarred Heart is still 'almost' finished. The reason I have not finished Heart is because back in October I entered Expectations in a contest to get some feedback. The Show Me The Spark! Contest by Heartland Romance Authors promised good feedback - and I did get great feedback and some good suggestions. More importantly, I won the Inspirational category and the final judge asked for the full manuscript! It was wonderful, but once I came down off my cloud, I realized I needed to finish it. So, the last chapter of Heart is on hold while I work furiously on Expectations - and also wait for my editor on Heir.

Wish me luck.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Adelle Laudan said...
Wow. I'm glad you got that all sorted out. Can't be too careful with online identities in todays world of internet fraud.
Sounds like you will be busy with edits for the next little while. I'm just about to put in my dues in the editing cave as well.
Wishing you luck and then some...

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)