Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Alive!!
So, by now, you've probably decided that I've dropped off the face of the earth. Well, I haven't, but I have been busy. When I finish this post, I will be updating the numbers of my WIPs in the right column so you can see what I've been doing.

Work has been busy and, although I enjoy my time off, I also enjoy going back to work and the challenges I face there. Every day there is something new and interesting to learn. It's a good thing I don't write contemporaries, or I'd have so much fodder for stories, I'd never run dry.

In the mean time, youth group has started up, so my writing time is limited again. But, on the plus side, I have been writing. So, an update:

1. The Scarred Heir is complete and I'm going to send it to my editor at the end of this month - after some polishing.

2. The Scarred Heart is coming along nicely. I think I'm on the last chapter, but we'll see if I get all the loose ends tied up.

3. Family Scandals is taking more time to re-write, but I have a better vision of where it's going now, so my goal is to have it back to my editor by December.

4. Expectations, my Inspirational Regency, is moving along as well. I entered the first chapter in a contest to get some feedback and see if the final judge (an agent) likes it. It finalled, so I'm awaiting results. They are due out at the end of this month.

So, as you can see, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but I am buried in many of the things I enjoy doing. I will admit to being terrible about writing letters - which is how I consider my blog - a letter to readers about my life, but when there is something to report, I'll let you know.

Until the next time. . .

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)