Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Saturday, February 06, 2010
Spam
I've had to do something I dislike. Haven't we all? you say. I suppose so. But one of the things I have never liked is having to fill in a word verification box or whatever it's called when I comment on blogs, etc. So, I've never had one on my own.

Unfortunately, in the last two weeks, I have had to delete more spam from my blog than I have ever encountered. At least once a day for the past two weeks, "Anonymous" has posted something totally irrelevant on my blog. Not only that, it must be a bot because there is no rhyme or reason to the posts that are commented on. Since I get notified whenever anyone leaves a comment, I can go find it easily enough. But, when the comments are on posts that are two years old - and older - then it's time for me to do something. Even though I'm sure very few people will ever go back and read those posts, my sense of order just won't allow me to let those posts stay. So, I go out and delete them, but it's a waste of my time to do so. It also seems a waste of someone's time to comment on a blog post over two years old - but I'm sure there's a reason somewhere for why. They'll just have to find some other place to post their diatribe from now on.

So, I've joined the rest of the blogging world and enabled comment moderation. For those that occasionally come out and post, I'm sorry. And for those who like to leave Anonymous irrelevant posts, all I can say is "Pbbbbbbbbbtttttttt!"

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)