Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Yesterday
So, I didn't get out here yesterday because I was celebrating another year on this planet. It was a pretty good year and having most of my family around me made it even better. I'm missing the child in grad school, but life does go on and she did call me yesterday. We had a wonderfully long talk. Birthdays that fall on weekends are the best - you don't have to get up unless you actually WANT to. Those are the best kind of days. Unfortunately, I had to get up yesterday and actually get dressed because I had errands to run.

In other news, The Marquis is getting nice reviews and I'm glad so many of you have read it and are looking forward to Edward's story. I hope to have news about it before long.

On another front, as you know I also write Inspirational Romances, too, but the publisher for them has closed their doors, so I have them back. I'm trying to decide what to do with them because I have an idea for a third one that would tie into the first two, but it's still all in my head. One of these days - after I finish all the historicals I'm in the middle of.

A friend and fellow author, Diane Craver, will be appearing here soon to talk about her recently released Inspirational romance, Marrying Mallory. I hope you will enjoy her appearance and check out her book. It's on my to-buy list, so I will be getting it soon.

I'm almost through editing The Scarred Heir and hope it will be sitting in an editor's inbox before the end of the month (and, therefore, off my desk).

It's been very cold here lately, but not nearly as cold as the midwest has been. We are hovering in the 20s and 30s, but friends in Texas aren't used to temperatures like that and so are complaining bitterly (pun intended) about the cold. Wherever you are, I hope you are weathering this winter well.

So, I'm off to church to spend the next 2 1/2 hours with teenagers. I love leading the Youth Group, but some days I do wish I could spend more time writing. It seems that weekends don't give you enough time these days. Maybe we should all have three day weekends.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have read all three books of your series The Gypsy Legacy and I have enjoyed them immensely. I hope to read more of your books in the future! ~Jody

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Thank you, Jody. I have to tell you I'm just so thrilled when people tell me they have read and enjoyed my books. Makes the writing worth it.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)