Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Friday, January 01, 2010
Happy 2010!
I didn't make it out here to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, but since I'm still up, I thought I would at least post on the first day of the year. At the rate I post, that might mean that the next one may roll around sometime in mid-February.

Regardless, I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season - whatever you celebrate. December was a bit of a roller coaster for me because I was "on vacation" so much. First there was the trip to Germany. I returned to work on December 14th. A week and a half later it was Christmas Eve and I was off again and I didn't return to work until yesterday, December 31. So, all in all, in December I worked a total of 9 days! Gee, I could get used to a schedule like that.

Unfortunately, it won't happen any time soon. Starting Monday it's back to 40 hour weeks. *Sigh*

I did get some writing accomplished. Not as much as I wanted, but more than I thought I would. So, there are trade-offs. At any rate, I hope to get out here more often this year (how many times have you heard that one?).

I do have some good news - I finally sent off Edward's story to my editor at Samhain. She's busy these days so I don't expect to hear anything for at least a month, but at least it's not still waiting for me to edit it. I'm still working through the other manuscript that was requested over a year ago, but it should be ready to go, soon, too.

And, lastly, do you have a Kindle? Or do you have a Kindle App on your iPhone, or your computer? If you do, I have a deal for you. Starting today (and for the next two weeks) my first Gypsy Legacy book, The Marquis, will be FREE!! As part of the Kindle freebie program, the Kindle version of the book will be free until January 14. Of course, I just checked and it's not marked down just yet, so as soon as it is, I'll post the link. If you haven't gotten your copy yet, here's your chance.

Happy Reading!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:
Blogger Carole said...
Denise, you are an author who is new to me. "The Marquis" was offered as a freebie for Kindle this morning and the description looked interesting to me. I love Regencies and just hope it's no more than a PG rating.

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Carole, I hope you enjoy The Marquis. As an author, it's hard to rate my own books, but some of the reviews have rated it spicy. And, as I believe in truth in advertising, I will tell you there is a wedding night scene and one other scene in which the H/h make love, but I do not write graphically. I would be interested in your opinion if you finish it.

Blogger Michele said...
I found the Marquis as a Kindle freebie at Amazon yesterday ... I devoured it and then ended up buying all three of your other books. I stopped by to see if by chance you were planning to write Edward's story -- and you are! I'm thrilled! I'm looking forward to reading it when it comes out. You've definitely got a new fan here!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Michelle, you just made my day. I'm excited to get Edward's story out, too, I'm just sorry it has taken me sooooo long to get it done.

Blogger Shannon said...
The kindle freebies have become a great way for me to find new to me authors. I really enjoyed The Marquis and bought all the others. Looking forward to the next release. Thanks so much!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Wonderful, Shannon. I hope you enjoy the others as well.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)