Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, October 05, 2009
Hodge Podge
I've been neglecting my blog lately. It's been a hectic time at work and church and I just haven't had anything to say. Do you ever get that way? So, what do I have to say today? Not much. Maybe next Monday I'll be out here to tell you all about this weekend's conference. I'm looking forward to getting away for a weekend with other writers. I WILL have fun!

In the meantime, I do have some good news. I finally finished "The Scarred Heir." If you don't remember it, I don't blame you. It was at the same conference I'm going to this weekend that the first 20 pages of the manuscript won my chapter's coveted Golden Pen award - last year. The editor who was the final judge asked for the full - but it wasn't finished. So, now almost a year later, it's finally finished. I wonder if she still wants to see it.

So, my next project is to finish "Expectations." I've been working on it on and off and finally have fleshed out more of the plot, but the writing is going slow because I keep second-guessing myself on whether the dialogue is believable.

And, to round out this hodge podge of information, "Family Scandals," the book that follows "The Earl" is currently being edited to send to my editor. Even though it is not part of the Gypsy Legacy Series, it is still an important addition to the series. In it you get to find out what happens to Brand's brother, Edward. I hope to get it to my editor by the end of this month. Considering my track record, don't hold your breath!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)