Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Empty Nest No More
So Kid#2 waited too late to sign up for a dorm room and didn't get back into the dorms this year. Not surprising. Mr. Procrastination never assumes things won't work out. He's too much like his mother in this respect.

It's a good thing to be able to "roll with the punches" and not hyperventilate when things don't work out, but a little anxiety over some things might actually spur a person to get some things done. Not this kid. If it doesn't work out - oh well - I can live at home. Well, he can. We've always said so, so I suppose his
laissez-faire attitude is understandable. As Mom, however, I find it irritating because I look at what might happen down the road if he doesn't plan things out now. And, in typical "Mom" fashion, I wonder how in the world he'll survive when Mom and Dad aren't here any longer.

But - and this is a big "but" - I was a lot like him when I was his age, too. And I survived just fine. Well enough to marry, have a family, hold down a job, keep my faith, and become an author. So, maybe I should stuff the "worrier" part of me back into the closet and let my
laissez-faire side out more often where he's concerned.

And I was just getting used to being an empty nester. *sigh*

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)