Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Worship on Wednesday
Sometimes I wonder why God sits back and lets us all go our own way. Other times, I think I understand that a Father has to let his children make choices - even when they are bad choices. I'm not speaking of anyone in particular, but I worry about our world and our nation. We have become a nation of entitled people. People who feel that nothing is their fault and that they are entitled, no , they deserve, happiness and whatever it takes to make them happy is OK.

Well, I'm just not so sure. During the World Wars, people made real sacrifices for this country. It was their country and their town that was affected by everything around them. Now, I still see a thread of patriotism, but too often I see (and hear) "What's in it for me?" Isn't "peace of mind" or the knowledge that you did something worthwhile a good enough answer?

God knows when we are trying our best, doing the best we can, or just going through the motions in the hope that the next day is better. Well, I've got news, Today is the day the Lord has made and we should rejoice and be glad in it.

When life starts to overwhelm us, there's really only one place to turn to and a little time spent on our knees pouring out our sorrows will provide a rich bounty of peace and contentment. The situation might not go away, but you'll have the assurance that God is with you. After your prayer session, it's time to get up and dance! That joyful noise we make to God not only is music to his ears, but lifts our spirit as well.

So, the next time life looks overwhelming. Remember - God is waiting. And he has the patience of a saint!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)