Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Thoughtful Thursday
Thinking always gets me in trouble. Usually because I often think of something and start doing it before I've really thought it completely through. Once I'm into it, however, I don't want to stop - even if it looks much more complicated and involved than I thought it would be when I started.

That's what happened this weekend when I was working on my RWA Chapter newsletter. I suddenly remembered I was working on April's newsletter and that meant that it was going out on April Fool's Day. So, I decided that it would be fun to create a "joke" newsletter. Now, it was a great idea. It would have been a better idea a week ago - I would have had more time to put it together. Of course, I plowed right ahead and began creating it - on Saturday night - even though I knew I wouldn't have time to work on it on Sunday.

The upshot of it all is that I spent all day Monday working on it and the real newsletter. The "real" newsletter was a snap to put together. But I don't consider myself very funny and pranks are not my usual forte, so it was real work to put together a "joke" newsletter. At 2 am Tuesday, I made myself shut down the computer and go to bed, even though it wasn't finished. I was fighting with a graphic that I just had to have in the newsletter. Note to self: next time find another #$&! graphic!

In the end, I got it done and it was sent out first thing Wednesday morning. I only got a few comments on it - but those few comments made it worthwhile. It was funny and I loved it. Would I do it again? Maybe. But, if I did, I'd try to start at least a week ahead of time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)