Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Thoughtful Thursday - The Shack
I told you I'd let you know when I finished The Shack. I finished it last weekend. Overall it was an okay read. While I don't agree with much of the theology in the book, I think I kept expecting there to be more to the story. I also don't don't know who the audience for the book was supposed to be. I do know, it wasn't me. I didn't actively dislike it, but I would not recommend it to any of my friends.

There were some unique parts to the story, and some instances that made me stop and ponder for a bit, but overall, it left me pretty cold. I didn't appreciate the attempt to make it sound like a true story, but even so, I grieved with the characters for the loss of their child. As a parent, it would be my worst nightmare come true.

As a reader and writer of fiction, I prefer a happy ending and, if there's not a happy ending, at least some type of closure. The hurried ending that attempted to tie up all the loose threads in this one just didn't do it for me. If you're looking for a new idea of what the Trinity might be like, you can try this one on for size, but you should read it for what it is - a story.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)