Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Reading
Reading is a great pleasure for me. I have read since I was a small child and my mother taught me. I was reading long before I entered school, which frustrated my teachers to no end. You see, I started school back in the days when children who walked into Kindergarten knew nothing. Nowadays, the teacher would just give me something a little more difficult to read, but not back then. Unfortunately, it turned me into a problem child. But, I digress.

I don't usually read whatever everyone else is reading. I have not read any of the Harry Potter books (although I have seen the movies) and I have not read any of The Twilight series (and haven't seen the movie, either). I haven't read any of the Oprah Book Club books. Why? Because I like to read for pleasure - and reading something designed to make me think is sometimes beyond me when I finally get a chance to settle down with a book. I read to escape.

So, why am I currently reading "The Shack"? Because we are about to do a 4-week Sunday School class on it - and because I read the back cover blurb and it sounded interesting. Well, I'm about halfway through it and, guess what? I don't like it. I haven't put my finger on what it is about it that is rubbing me the wrong way, but I'm having difficulty making myself finish it. But, finish it I will - if only to figure out why I'm having such trouble with it.

So, stay tuned. I'll try to finish it by next week and see if I can figure it out.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)