Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, April 06, 2009
Life is. . .
what it is and way too busy. At least for me it is.

Whenever I start to think I have a handle on my life, something happens to remind me that I only think I have some control over what happens each day. Oh, I know I can control whether I get up in the morning and head off to work, what I have for lunch, what work I get done, etc. But, I've discovered that I make too many assumptions and sooner or later something will not happen the way I expect it will. Yesterday was a prime example.

To be honest, I'd forgotten I was in charge of Sunday School that morning. It was inter-generational Sunday School and I knew what I was supposed to do. And, I knew my props were all at the church. I even brought a replacement for at least one that I knew was getting old. Imagine my surprise when I got to church and discovered that what had been there two weeks ago had vanished! Suddenly, I was without all my props to do my lesson.

To make a long story short, I did the lesson without the props. It wasn't as good, but it was just as meaningful. I think everyone enjoyed it, and I still managed to get in my "moral of the story" piece. I just wish I hadn't had to go into panic mode to get it accomplished.

Unfortunately, there are times when I'm so busy that "panic mode" is the only mode I can operate in. One of these days, I'll get organized. Until then, I'll be thanking God every time I avert a disaster like yesterday could have been.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)