Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Great Weekend
So, even though I had a lot to do this weekend, it was a great one. Friday night I went to a dinner in honor of a local pastor who had been with his congregation for 35 years! Talk about longevity. The church I attend has been through three pastors in the last 18 years, and we are now looking for our fourth. It would be nice to have such stability.

On Saturday, my son and I went up to camp for a workday. He ended up helping to lay a floor in one of the cabins while I helped out in the main lodge washing walls and windows. We were there for about 5 hours, then headed home. Once home, I finished the embroidery projects I was working on for the dinner and auction on Sunday. And, I remembered to take some pictures, so here they are. The sets sparked a bidding war - especially the angels. And, while I love those angels, I'm actually partial to the fruit set.












I also created some with birds on them that we sold as singles. (below) They went fast, too. All in all it was a good day. But, I'm going to take a break from sewing for a bit and finish my current WIP. With everything else going on, I haven't worked on it in a few days, so it needs some attention.

I also learned that, due to some shifting in publication schedules, The Earl won't be out until August. So, I guess I'll have to change the banner now.

New goals for next week? Finish the next chapter of the WIP. I'm headed to Germany in two weeks and my original goal was to have the first draft finished before I went. I'm still hoping to have it done by then, but anything can happen between now and then and with me - it usually does.

Stay tuned.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)