Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Springy Thoughts
It's almost Spring. That's what my calendar says, anyway. If I went by what I see outside my window, however, I'd say Winter has just arrived. It was in the 20s this morning and only warmed up into the 40s for the day. Yesterday it snowed again and more is forecast for the next few days. So, where's my Spring?

Despite my complaining, there are benefits to all of this. All the skiers are having a great time. The longer the slopes are open the better as far as they are concerned. The snowboarders, too. That's great for them. It's just not for me.

We are having a great water year. Snowpack in the mountains is at levels we haven't seen in a long time. It's looking like it will be a good water year without worrying about rationing. Maybe some of the reservoirs will begin to refill to higher levels. Goodness knows we could use it.

We will probably have a glorious Spring -- once it gets here. With all this water, lawns will be lush, flowers and trees will bud and bloom. Of course, if you suffer from hay fever, you'll be hiding out inside for the next few months. And, when Summer arrives there may be a bumper crop of skeeters, bringing with them West Nile Virus and other fun ailments.

Do you think that with the economy the way it is this year, that counties will rank mosquito abatement high on their list of things to fund? No? Me, neither. We might be on our own when it comes to fighting off the little biters. So, I guess I won't move to Florida this year - or any place else too near the coast.

So, where was I going with this? Nowhere - except to remind myself that Spring is on its way. It will be here. . .soon. I hope.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)