Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Friday, March 27, 2009
It's Spring. . .I think
Well, it is today. Yesterday and the day before, it looked like Winter had come back. I know Spring weather is unsettled, but I'm used to rain, wind, and blustery days. Not snow!

The flower bulbs we planted last fall were coming up just a week ago - when we had balmy weather in the 60s. Now the poor crocuses and violets are shivering in the cold. It snowed two nights ago and yesterday morning it was in the 20s. I don't know how warm it actually got yesterday, but at least the roads were clear by the time I left work. Actually, the sun was shining and there was very little snow to be seen anywhere. It was not, however, warm by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't even remember if Phil actually saw his shadow back in February or not. Frankly, I don't care. But, I do know it's been longer than 6 weeks, so even if he did, Winter should be gone by now. I don't feel the need to issue a written invitation, but if that's what it takes, just tell me where to send it.

You can come back in November. By then, I'll be looking forward to the cold. For now, however, I'm with the 5th Dimension - Let the Sun Shine!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)