Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Mundane Monday
I have decided to start trying to blog on a regular basis. We will see how diligent I can be. I have actually created topics for each day of the week - Monday through Friday and hope to write a little each day. I don't expect them to be long, but I hope to make them regular.

So, today is Mundane Monday. It's when I tell you about some of the many things going on in my life.

World Vision's 30 Hour Famine - last night my youth group counted out nearly 26,000 M&Ms and Skittles in preparation for this event. Why 26,000? Because that's the number of children who die each day from hunger and hunger-related causes. It's a staggering number and you should see just h0w many candies those actually are.

Next week we will begin fundraising. My daughter, who is in Colorado, has already begun her fundraising. She has set up a Facebook Group for it. So, today, I'm going to direct people away from me for a while by asking that you check out her page, join if you are interested, and donate if you can. You do not have to join Facebook to donate - just follow the link at the bottom of her page. Then tell your friends about it and have them tell their friends.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)