Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, February 16, 2009
The Blues
It's time for Winter to leave us alone. Enough already with the snow and cold. It has been snowing on and off for over a week now and while it's not snowing today (at this moment) more is forecast for tomorrow and throughout the rest of the week. Enough already! I'm sure there's some other part of the world that would love all this water - and the cold temperatures even.

OK, so I'm crabby today. Well, I think it's only fair that I get to be crabby - it's a holiday and where am I? Not at home curled up with a good book - or writing my next one. No, I'm at WORK. To put a positive spin on it, though, the place is a ghost town. Except for the people in my office, there is no one else here today. That means I can actually get some work done. No interruptions. No phone calls (although I plan to place a few just to see if we are the only people in the universe working today!), no requests for information, no people walking into my office looking for a finished project I haven't even started yet. Yes, there are benefits to working on a holiday. I would trade them for a day off to do nothing in a heartbeat.

So, if you had to work today (it only counts if you live in the US), did you feel cheated?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)