Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Thursday Thirteen #45
Last week I was in Germany visiting Christkindl- and Weinachtsmarkts (Christmas Markets). So, here are 13 pictures of my past week.

Aschaffenburg - This was our first stop. The Weinachtsmarkt here was very small, but still nice. I didn't buy anything since it was the first day or our trip.













































Bamberg - We didn't spend much time at Bamberg's Christmas market. Since this was our first time here, we spent much more time exploring the city instead.
















































Rothenburg ob der Tauber - This is probably one of our favorite cities to visit. It's a tourist trap, but a very nice one. And, I love its shops. It had a very small Christmas Market on the town square. Of course, it's the home of one of the largest German Christmas stores (which is open year-round), so it didn't need much of a market.












































Wurzburg - Our last stop and by far the largest market we hit. It was where I bought much of what I brought back. It had three markets - the main one, an artisan one for artists and handmade items, and a medieval one up at the fortress. I nearly bought a medieval gown, but wasn't sure I would get it in my suitcase, so I left it. Maybe next year.









































































Labels: , ,

21 Comments:
Blogger Heather said...
Great pictures, Denise! I love those lovely old historic towns and buildings.

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

Blogger Gattina said...
For me it looks like "Home sweet Home" lol ! I am going to K├Âln next week for the Christmas market !
I have such a Christmas mill as Christmas decoration. Tomorrow I'll put all decos in my Show and Tell !

Blogger Adelle said...
I so envy your trip. Germany is one of my dream destinations. I have much family there I've never met. Happy Holidays!

Blogger Joy Renee said...
awesome pics. looks like the setting of a romance novel.

thanx for visiting. and you were right to suspect a typo. i fixed it. if u get it now, i won't need to post the answers afterall. LOL.

words rock!

Blogger Lori said...
Nice pics. I lived in Germany for a couple of years when I was a kid. My dad was in the military. I'd love to visit again as an adult.

Anonymous MInTheGap said...
Looks like a great town-- never been that far east!

Happy TT!

Blogger Carol said...
Wow! How beautiful. It's like something from a storybook.

Blogger Mary said...
Wow! The streets and the architecture are amazing. I've never been to Germany, but your photos make me wish I could go!

Blogger Laura Hamby said...
Beautiful pictures, Denise. Just gorgeous. Last time I was in Germany, it was called WEST Germany. Looks like you had fun.

Blogger Melissa Mayhue said...
LOVED those photos! Oh my, that looks like so much fun. It really gets my travel bug antsy!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

~ Melissa
www.MelissaMayhue.com

Love the new blog design! Thanks so much for sharing the gorgeous photos! It's fun to travel to other places through other people's adventures.

Blogger Sherry said...
Wow! Terrific pictures! What a fabulous vacation.

OpenID nicoleaustin said...
Great pictures. Looks like a wonderful trip.

Blogger The Gal Herself said...
The Christmas markets look like such fun. Who cares if they're a tourist trap when you're a tourist? Great pix, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous Nicholas said...
Lovey photos! Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Lori said...
It looks like a WONDERFUL place to visit. I wanna go!! Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)

Blogger Geriatric Nursing said...
Great pictures! My son is stationed in Germany. I hope someday to go there to visit. Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures.

Blogger Leon Basin said...
I loved your photos.

Blogger Nell said...
It looks lovely, it's been twenty years since I last visited - makes me want to go again.

Blogger Danica/Dream said...
Wow Denise, so beautiful! Very jealous! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous Celticlibrarian said...
Beautiful photos! Thanks for that vicarious trip.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)