Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Friday, August 01, 2008
Whew!
Last night, I finally hit a wall. I was so drained after the afternoon of workshops that I was glad I didn't have any dinner plans. I went to a place not far from the hotel, had a quiet dinner alone, then went back to my room.

One of the workshops I attended was, Honing your Pitch. It was GREAT!! With that under my belt and lots of samples, I went back to my room at 7:30, got into my jammies, pulled out my laptop and completely re-wrote my pitch for this morning. The result was so much better than what I had before. That workshop was definitely worth it for me.

This morning, I pitched to Joanna Mackenzie from the Browne & Miller Associates. She was very nice, easy to talk to, and validated the direction of my writing. She did ask for a query and synopsis, but whether she actually likes my writing is a whole different ball game. I had to confess that the book isn't done yet and it probably wouldn't be until the end of the year, but she was fine with that. All in all, it was a nice, but nerve-wracking 10 minutes that was over all too soon.

I got a new version of my cover for The Duke, so I hope to talk to my editor about it later. It looks better, but it still needs a little work.

Now, I'm headed off to lunch. Until tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)