Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Almost done
Well, it's all over except the big awards ceremony tonight. It has been another long day of workshops, booksignings, scrambling for food, and meeting more people. I will never remember all of them, but it has been fun while it's lasted.

Overall this has been a good conference. There have been small glitches that I haven't cared for, some of which might make me think twice before going to another one, but I have been satisfied with my conference experience. The fabulous people and authors I have met, however, do not fall into any "glitches" category.

Last night a group of friends and I went to Pier 39 for dinner. I had a great meal at Bubbagump's and returned to my room stuffed. Needless to say the diet kicks in next week. We'll see how long it lasts.

I have more books than I will read over the next year (although I plan to give it the old college try), but I will now be trying a few new authors that I might not have picked up in the bookstore if I was watching my pennies. And, of course, I also got a few of my favorite authors' books, too.

Christina Dodd was signing a contemporary, but assured me she was working on another historical. I can't wait.

So, tonight it's the RITAs and Golden Hearts. I know who I'm rooting for, but whoever wins, I'm sure it will be a wonderful evening.

Until tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)