Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
An evening with Bats
If you aren't familiar with eHarelquin's BatCave, some of this post might be Greek to you.

Yesterday morning I was scheduled to volunteer to stuff Conference tote bags. It didn't take us nearly as long as we thought. That afternoon I spent a wonderful three hours with my great aunt discussing family history. She is the youngest and last of my grandmother's siblings and approaching eighty. It hasn't slowed her down. She still works at a local elementary school helping children with reading, math, and whatever else they need.

When I returned to the hotel, I met up with my group of online friends - the Bats. I ran into Blunder on my way out of the hotel to my great aunt's. When I came back, I ran into Lurid and LuridMom, then Lex and her daughter. Finally, I got to meet Valkyrie, Bronwhine, and Itchy, as well as a friend of Blunder's who tagged along. We had dinner and discussed their sightseeing trips and shopping excursions. Valkyrie, Bronwhine, and Lex are all from Australia, so it was interesting to hear of their adventures and get their impressions.

After dinner, we went back to Valkyrie and Bronwhine's room and I was introduced to TimTams. All I can say is "Yum" and "Why in the h*ll hasn't someone introduced them here?"

This morning was the official start of conference for me, beginning with Registration and then hurrying over to the other Marriott for the Faith, Hope & Love Conference. I heard two wonderful presentations by Gail Gaymer Martin and Roxanne Rustand. Then they had an editor/agent panel discussion and lunch in which the editors and agents were scattered throughout the room to better mingle with the participants. The lunch keynote speaker was Lyn Cote - who was a wonderful "cheerleader" and encouraged us to continue to make progress.

All in all it has been a wonderful day so far. As I write this, I'm waiting to meet my editor. I have seen a prototype of my cover for The Duke and we will be discussing it.

More tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)