Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Close call
As I knew I would, I forgot something. This time it was something important. Luckily, my sister is flying in today and I caught her before she left for the airport. She will stop by my house and pick up the forgotten item.

What was it? My roll of "Signed by Author" stickers.

My first real book signing and I forgot my stickers. Yeah, I know it's not the end of the world, but I would have missed them. So, crisis averted. My darling hubby would have Fed-Exed them to me, I'm sure, but I would have felt really guilty about the expense.

So, what did I do this morning? Had breakfast with my sister then did my volunteering stint. We stuffed conference tote bags with books. Five books - all thrillers, suspense, and paranormals. Sorry, I should have remembered the names so you could drool over them, but when I register tomorrow and get the bag, I'll post then.

In the meantime, my room stinks! It was fine yesterday, but this morning it smells like I've been smoking in it all night. It's a non-smoking room. All I can think of is that the ventilation system in this "palace" isn't a very good one and the air is being exchanged between the rooms. Since cigarette smoke gives me migraines, I hope opening the window will help. Otherwise it will be a very long week and I don't want to spend it doped up on medication.

I'm off to visit my great aunt this afternoon. More tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)