Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Busy, busy
Yesterday was a busy, busy day. As I posted, went to the Faith, Hope & Love Conference in the morning. The afternoon was spent visiting with people and my Samhain Editor. We discussed changes to my cover for The Duke.

So, the Literacy Signing was that evening. Over five hundred authors in a huge room with stacks and stacks of books. I loved being part of the hubbub, but missed being able to "shop". I sat between Beth Patillo and RITA Finalist Kelly Parra. I even sold a few books - and not all to friends!

This morning we were treated to Motivational Speaker and World Class Pianist, Theresa Behenna. She was interesting, funny, and entertaining. We sang along with her as she played for us. She even wrote something just for this conference.

So you can sing along, too: (tune: I Write The Songs)

We write the books that women love to read,
Romance and love is what the whole world needs,
We are the hope for people everywhere,
That passion also can be theirs.

Bridging the world of writing, fears are quelled,
Schmoozing with publishers and learning what sells.
We stand as one in San Francisco today,
United by R W A!

So, today workshops start in earnest after Luncheon with keynote speaker, Victoria Alexander. I love her books, so I'm looking forward to it.

Until tomorrow!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)