Last week I did 13 places I'd visit again. This week, I thought I'd do 13 places I wouldn't go back to, but I feel the need for an explanation/disclaimer first. It's not that I don't like these places, it's more of a "BTDT-have the t-shirt" reason. So here are:
13 Places I've Been To But Wouldn't Return To
(without a good reason)
1. San Francisco, CA
- I was born in SF and lived there for nine years. Even after I moved away, I returned often to visit relatives, still do occasionally. But, I do not like the climate, so if all my relatives ever pick up and leave, I'll probably never go there again.
2. Legoland, CA
- It was nice to go and see it, but it really is a place for kids and now that mine are adults, I don't see any reason to return.
3. Legoland, Denmark
- same reason as above. It was nice to go there once, but there are other places in Denmark I'd rather see.
4. Reno, NV
- I'm not a gambler, nor am I a fan of Western American history. I love the climate, but there are so many other places in Nevada I'd rather see.
5. Wendover, NV
- Unfortunately, this isn't one of them. (see #5) There's nothing here except casinos and hotels.
6. Rock Springs, WY
- My mother and all of her siblings, and a majority of her mother's side of the family were born here. I go back regularly to visit graves and dig for more family history, but that's the only reason I do.
7. Pinehurst, NC
- I'm not a golfer, so golf courses are nothing more than open space to me. Often they are beautiful open space, but since I can't really stroll on them, enough said. I was here for a conference in December once. It was beautiful and I loved exploring the historic town and surroundings, but, as I said above, BTDT.
8. Atlantic City, NJ
- I'm not a gambler and I'm not fond of beaches. I'm also not fond of humidity. I can enjoy shows and other entertainments in Las Vegas - without the beach or humidity.
9. Barstow, CA
- When I was in the army, I was stationed at Fort Irwin. As much as I love the desert, there was little else to do once you exhausted the local attractions. Even after I left there, I returned occasionally because family lived there. They're all gone now.
10. Mt. Rushmore, SD
- I've been here a number of times. It's nice to see up close and learn how it was done, but that's all there is. Another case of BTDT.
11. Flagstaff, AZ
- I spent two years at Northern Arizona University and loved every minute of it. Except for driving through it on my way to southern Arizona, I don't have any reason to return.
12. Nashville, TN
- I'm not a fan of country music. I don't rabidly dislike it, but I have different tastes. This is another place where the climate is not very friendly.
13. Sun Valley, ID
- I went there for a conference and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. I drove through beautiful country to get there and took lots of pictures. This is another place that falls into the BTDT category.
Labels: Not-so-favorite places, Thursday Thirteen