Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, June 02, 2008
School's Out
As of Saturday, both the kids are home from school. The boy is merely on Summer Break and will be returning to the University in the Fall to continue his explorations of Chemistry and Physics. The girl, however, graduated (Summa Cum Laude, no less!) and now holds a degree in Mathematics (with a Physics minor). The girl is also on Summer Break as she has decided to continue on to graduate school. We will deposit her at the UC Boulder campus sometime in August. It will be a new adventure in her life and I'm pretty sure she's looking forward to it.

Of course, with moving away, there are myriad decisions to be made and she is a horrible procrastinator, so I suspect nothing will happen before mid to late July when it comes to that, but that's okay for now. She's earned a rest and, between working at a local high school, being a counselor at two different camps, and going to the National youth gathering as my assistant, she will be plenty busy.

As for me, I'm just enjoying having a houseful again. When they are both away at school the house is a bit empty with just me and the hubby. I love the silence and the time to write, but I also love the hubbub generated by the kids at home.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Colleen said...
WOW! What great kids you have! They must get it from their Mama... :O)

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Somehow, I don't think so, Colleen. I'm terrible at math and science - when they are together they may as well be talking a foreign language. But, that's okay - it's probably good that they aren't trying to follow in my footsteps.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)