Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Friday, May 02, 2008
More Kudos
The reviewers at Romance Reviews Today have named THE IMPORTANCE OF ALMACK'S as Best Regency Romance of 2007

Now, I have been having a wonderful time digesting this news, but I'm beginning to worry that even though I know I need to work on my writing, I'll never write another book as good as Almack's. It's a daunting proposition, but I hope I'm up to the challenge because I love writing and couldn't imagine what I'd do without that creative outlet. And, as a still relatively new person to the world of publishing, I'm still trying to find a niche for myself.

I will continue to write traditional Regencies (read: no sex) because that's where my heart is, but I have truly enjoyed writing my Inspirationals, too. I think God has laid a charge on my heart to continue to reach out to others through my writing.

Will I ever get a NY contract? Who knows. But for now, I'm enjoying the blessings and the ride.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:
Blogger FRIGGA said...
WhoooHoooo! Congratulations, that's awesome! As for never writing something that good agian, don't buy into that. No matter how well a person does, there is ALWAYS room to do even better. :)

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Thanks, Frigga, I certainly hope so.

Blogger marcia said...
wow I am speechlessmnnb I need to read that I did not know That is soooo Awesome!!!!!

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)