Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Thursday Thirteen #28

Thirteen Reasons Why Mother Nature Should Shed Her Winter Coat

1. I'm tired of the cold. It was about 40 degrees today. The normal high is in the 60s.
2. The flowers are wondering what in the h*ll is going on. They're blooming and getting SNOWED on.
3. Even though it was early this year, Easter usually happens around this time and it's almost always warm enough to wear short sleeves.
4. I need to have my Winter coat cleaned, but I don't dare take it to the cleaners.
5. Even the skiiers and snowboarders are getting bored.
6. I want to play tennis outside.
7. I'm wondering if my sundresses are lonely and I'm tired of wearing pants and tennis shoes.
8. It's too dry in the house from running the heater so much.
9. The birds are wondering why they didn't stay south.
10. Shopping is no fun because looking at swimsuits then going outside makes me depressed.
11. The fruit selection at the grocery store is getting better - it's obviously warm SOMEWHERE in the world.
12. I want a new pair of sunglasses - but I refuse to buy them before I need them.
13. I want to walk OUTSIDE. I'm tired of the treadmill.

Labels:

18 Comments:
Blogger Picturing of Life said...
^_^;; great post you have.

Visit my T13 : What I want..... Thanks.

Blogger SandyCarlson said...
I'm with you on all of the above. One little forsythia branch bloomed the other day. One. I will be down to photograph it later because who knows if spring will ever come!

Thanks for stopping by Writing in Faith.

Blogger Adelle said...
14. Riding season. The bike is all shiny and ready to roll!

Happy T13!

Blogger The Gal Herself said...
I'm with you on #4 and #7. I am soooo sick of my winter clothes! Thanks for visiting my TT.

Blogger siteseer said...
I too am ready for Spring. I went out this morning and put more leaves on some of the flowers that are trying to pop up. We're expecting possible snow this weekend. Happy TT

Blogger Cindy Swanson said...
Denise, I feel your pain! I blogged about this very subject last week. We have had a few nice days recently...it even hit 65 the other day...but today it's rainy and in the low 40's.

Don't lose heart...spring will really come some day!

Blogger Carolan Ivey said...
I'm soooo with you on this Denise. Our crocuses are shivering. Good news is that it's supposed to climb into the 70s tomorrow! Yay!

Anonymous Journeywoman said...
Spring would be very nice.

Blogger Harris Channing said...
Here in Tennessee, it's warm but a cold front is coming through. Thunder and lightning first and from almost 80 to day to the 50's tomorrow. Any wonder I feel like crap?

Blogger Karen said...
I'm so with you - it's warm here, but just this morning, our town was hit with a tornado. What wacky weather.

We're expecting snow Sunday and Monday and yes, I already washed my winter coat.

The past three days, I've been in shorts. Even got my first sunburn of the season. And now more snow??

Wacky stuff.

Happy TT, Denise! Am I going to meet you at RT?

Blogger forgetfulone said...
Poor flowers! Getting snowed on! I think everyone, including your sundresses are ready for some springtime air.

Blogger Gattina said...
I feel the same as you, in Belgium it is not better ! we even had snow at Easter ! I wished the planet would warm up a little in my area, lol !

Blogger alisonwonderland said...
i am so so with you on this one! my 8yo had a baseball game earlier tonight, and it was way too cold for baseball. come on, spring!

Blogger WomensDaily said...
I can't wait for spring. I'm even more tired of warm weather then cold then back and forth again.

Blogger Colleen said...
Now, regarding #4. Wouldn't Murphy's Law have it that if you take your coat in to be cleaned with the intention of needing to wear it longer (a-hem-half truth-a-hem) that the weather should improve? Maybe *I* should do that. We're due to get rain/snow shower mix today in Milwaukee!

Blogger storyteller said...
Thanks for visiting Small Reflections this week and commenting on my ‘Modified Meme of Fours’ T-13 … leaving the link back here. I enjoyed getting acquainted with you by reading yours this morning. If you need a ‘Spring Boost’ … I’ve got several colorful posts on my other blog with flowers from my Southern California yard you might enjoy checking out when time permits. Here are 'links' to two of them: Joyful Burst of Color and A Colorful Offering

I'm intrigued with the 'layout' of your 'comments' and am wondering how you set this up. Any hints for me to help me figure this out for myself?

Hugs and blessings,

Blogger Robin said...
I hope spring finally shows up soon for you!

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)