Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Friday, February 08, 2008
Old Man Winter - Go Away!
It's official. I'm tired of winter. We've had snow and below normal temperatures since Christmas and I'm tired of it. It hasn't helped that last weekend when I could have had a nice afternoon curled up with a good book, I ended up in the hospital instead. Then, this week was very busy at work, so I've been going strong all week. I forgot to check the hours before I left tonight, but I'm guessing I worked at least 55 hours this week.

Tomorrow is my RWA Chapter meeting. I'm looking forward to it, but before then, I plan to get a very good night's sleep. I even went and exercised tonight when I got home so I wouldn't have to drag myself out of bed in the morning to go before my meeting.

After my meeting, the chapter is doing a booksigning at the local Barnes and Noble. I'm looking forward to it because I've been holding off buying a few new books until tomorrow. I especially plan to get Nicole Jordan's new book. I'm a sucker for a good Regency and I love her writing.

Needless to say, I'm excited for my first opportunity to do a signing. I'll probably be so nervous that I'll do something crazy - like sign the wrong name or something. I hope not. In the meantime, though, I'll enjoy hobnobbing with the big names we already have in our chapter - and dream about the day I might be one.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:
Blogger No Nonsense Girl said...
I'm sick of winter too Denise. :)

Blogger Lyn Cash said...
If those women were smart yesterday, they realized that greatness had nestled beside them at the signing and that THEY would some day be talking of how they'd had a booksigning with Denise.

:)

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
LOL, Sunny. You are so good for my ego!! I can't wait to see you in San Francisco. Actually, I'm not doing a signing until March - I guess I forgot that little detail. Even so, I still can't wait! And, in San Francisco, I'm going to be signing my Regency!

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)