Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Curses - Foiled again!!
I should have known that something would go wrong - but having my Dad end up in the hospital ICU and having to make a sudden trip to Arizona would not have been on the list of possibilities. He's getting better, but the past five days have been hectic.

Needless to say, I got NO writing done over the weekend, and very little sleep. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to squeeze some in. We'll see. I have my RWA Chapter meeting on Saturday, and then I have to go shoe shopping. My comfortable shoes are wearing thin, so I really have to replace them. Then Saturday night, the family will all congregate to celebrate my birthday which is today, BTW. I won't say I don't feel old, but in the past year I've noticed that I'm not as agile as I used to be. And I now need reading glasses!

Anyway, I'm back home now. My sister calls and gives me daily updates - so if I need to make another quick trip, so be it.

In the meantime, hop on over to the By Grace Yahoo Loop for an excerpt from Strikes Don't Matter that I posted today.

Labels:

2 Comments:
Blogger robynl said...
Happy Birthday to you!!! I hope you got to enjoy the day a bit anyways. Sorry to hear about your Dad and hope he recovers fully. Take care.

Blogger Melissa Mayhue said...
Darn...I missed your birthday!! Hope you had a lovely get together...and found a wonderfully comfy pair of shoes!!!

I'm also sending positive thoughts your direction, hoping your Dad is getting better quickly.

~ Melissa

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)