Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Monday, December 17, 2007
The Wright Brothers

When I was a kid, my Mom bought me a series of records about famous events in history. One of them was about the Wright Brothers. I still remember most of that song:

The Wright Brothers were right
The Wright Brothers just knew
They wanted to fly way up high in the sky
So they (forgot this line)
And they tried 'til they could.


It was an interesting little story for a kid because it was one of those interactive stories where the kid was "playing" a part in history. Even though I wasn't much of a history buff then, I loved that set and now have what's left of it. My own kids, however, never had much use for them because you couldn't "watch it."

So, today's little bit of history is about the Wright Brothers and their famous first flight.

This Day in History: On December 17, 1903, the Wright Brothers made history by making a series of short flights in their plane (the first flight is pictured above). Where did these historic flights take place?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:
Anonymous Melissa Mayhue said...
Kitty Hawk, NC...

I love all the wonderful information and links on your site! I have to be so careful here...clicking away I could spend HOURS!!!!!

~ Melissa

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Hey, Melissa. So glad you enjoy the site. And. . .I'm sure you know you're right. Thanks for playing.

Anonymous Sara said...
Denise - I know you posted the original message a while ago, but I remember the history records (with the Wright Brothers story) like you. In fact, I have been trying to look for a copy of those records. Do you remember what the name of those records are? I would love to have that to help in my search.
Thanks!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Hi Sara:

That set was a 12-record set and I actually still have 8 of them. This is the information on the dust jackets:
My First Golden Record Library
Produced and Copyright, 1962, by Arthur Shimkin Enterprises, Inc.

If you need more information, feel free to send me an email to denisepatrick @ gmail. com (without the spaces, of course)

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)