On Tuesday, the first book in my Gypsy Legacy series was released at Samhain Publishing. The Marquis is the first of a three book series about a brother and two sisters whose great-grandmother was a gypsy shuvani
and gave each directions for finding their destinies. So, I thought I'd give you a sneak peek through thirteen of the characters in this series.
Thirteen Characters in Gypsy Legacy: The Marquis
- a Romany shuvani
who was born in France, but came to England before The Terror with her family. She lives by her cards. An affair with a member of the minor nobility resulted in a daughter, who married a Baron. The Baron's daughter (Nona's granddaughter) married an Earl and a Marquis.
2. Lady Christina Kenton
(Tina) - Nona's oldest great-granddaughter and heroine of The Marquis. She is the daughter of the (deceased) Earl and Countess of Wynton.
3. James Collings, 8th Marquis of Thanet
(Jay) - the hero of The Marquis. The youngest son of the (deceased) Marquis and Marchioness of Thanet, he left home at the age of 16 and never expected to return. When he does 18 years later, it is to discover his father and older brother dead and his name on a betrothal contract along with Tina's.
4. Jon Kenton, 6th Earl of Wynton
(Jon) - Tina's brother. Their father died when he was just six and their mother married the 7th Marquis of Thanet.
5. Lady Felicia Collings
- Tina and Jon's half sister through their mother; Jay's half sister through his father. She is 16 in this book and is the heroine of Book Two, The Duke.
6. Roderick Milton
- the villain. Left as steward of Jay's family seat, he had been a friend of Jay's older brother, Aaron, whose death left Jay as their father's heir. Jay discovers that he has been cheating Tina and Felicia of their quarterly allowance.
7. Lorraine Kenton, Dowager Countess of Wynton
- Jon and Tina's paternal grandmother who refuses to recognize or acknowledge them because of their gypsy blood.
8. Gerald Hartwell, Earl of Weston
- a school acquaintance of Jay's. When Jay needs help trying to uncover a mystery, he meets the Earl by accident, then enlists his help.
9. Geraldine Hartwell, Countess of Weston
(Geri) - Gerald's wife. She becomes an invaluable friend to Tina and Felicia.
10. Adele Hartwell, Duchess of Westover
- Gerald's mother. She supports Tina when she enters London Society.
11. William Hartwell, Duke of Westover
- Gerald's father.
12. Josiah Pymm
- Private Investigator hired by Jay.
13. Brand Waring
- Jay's partner in his shipping business.
And, in keeping with my usual history theme, here's today's question
. This book takes place June-September, 1861, a number of years after England's Great Exhibition arranged by Prince Albert. How many years after?
Labels: Gypsy Legacy Series, The Marquis, Thursday Thirteen