Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #13

The 13 Previous Years in Which September 6 Fell on a Thursday
(and a little note about something that happened each year, but not necessarily on September 6)

1) 1917 - Bolshevik Revolution in Russia
2) 1923 - In April, the future King George VI of England, married Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon
3) 1928 - The Second Winter Olympic Games were held in St. Moritz, Switzerland
4) 1934 - Both of my parents were born, one in March and one in April
5) 1945 - World War II ended
6) 1951 - The television show, I Love Lucy, debuts in October
7) 1956 - H.L. Mencken and A.A. Milne died within two days of each other
8) 1962 - In March, Wilt Chamberlain scores 100 points in an NBA game
9) 1973 - The Vietnam War ends and the final soldiers leave the country
10) 1979 - This was the International Year of the Child
11) 1984 - The first Transformers cartoons were aired in the U.S.
12) 1990 - West and East Germany officially become one Germany
13) 2001 - The new millennium began on a Monday

Today is Thursday, September 6, 2007. The first person to post the next year in which September 6 will fall on a Thursday will go into my monthly prize drawing.

Labels:

16 Comments:
Anonymous sheryl said...
I really enjoyed all the interesting trivia...thanks for such a great TT post!

Blogger Robin said...
28 years since the International Year of the Child. I wonder if anything has changed... :(

Blogger Uisce said...
I Love Lucy -- we still watch that and love it!

Blogger erin said...
You have such interesting lists! Happy TT! My list is 13 movies I love watching over and over.

Blogger Dragonheart said...
Wow, lots of interesting historical facts. Obviously a good day for wars ending.

Blogger Morgan St. John said...
OMG, what a great idea!!!!
*adding to my very short TT list*

;-) thanks for doing that research. I love history.

Morgan St. John

Blogger Qtpies7 said...
Ugh! Again with the thinking! I'm going to guess 2012. And I had to do math and patterns for this, so I hope you appreciate it, hehe. I hate math as much as I hate history.

Anonymous Nicholas said...
A very interesting list

Blogger DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...
Interesting bit of Trivia... and anything with the "original" Transformers in the list is a geek's dream!

Blogger cajunvegan said...
Happy TT. Thanks for stopping by my comments educators wish they could use.

I Love Lucy is timeless -- still watch it and love it.

Blogger Skeezix the Cat said...
This was reely edukayshunul! Thanks for doing the reeserch!

Blogger Kimo & Sabi said...
Wowy - that made our brains hurt. Time fer a nap!

Blogger Cindy Swanson said...
Great idea for a list, Denise! I never would have thought of that. Enjoyed it.

Blogger Kara said...
Great idea for a list!!! Thanks for all the historical information.

Blogger Kara said...
Great idea for a list!!! Thanks for all the historical information.

Blogger Caffey said...
This list was fab! I had no idea about I Love Lucy, and I thought the debut shows or new seasons were in September. I love that show still.

Next time its Sept 6 on a Thursday is in the year 2012

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)