Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Who Am I?
I was born on August 15, 1769 in Ajaccio, a city in the former Republic of Genoa, and the second of eight children.
At age nine, I was admitted to a French military school at Brienne-le-Ch√Ęteau near Troyes. I had to learn to speak French before I was admitted.
At the age of 16, I graduated and was commissioned as a second lieutenant in an artillery regiment.
During the French Revolution I was briefly imprisoned in the Chateau d'Antibes.
In October 1796, I successfully repelled an armed attack against the Convention meeting in the Tuileries palace. This earned me sudden fame, wealth, and the patronage of the new Directory and its leader, Barras.
The next year, I married Barras's former mistress.
Fourteen years, and no children later, I divorced her and married another. A year later I was presented with a son.
Although I am remembered for many things, I am most proud of the Civil Law Code which bears my name.
I died on May 5, 1821.

Who Am I?

Labels:

6 Comments:
Anonymous MissMeliss said...
Are we supposed to guess at these? (I ask because I know who this is.)

Blogger Jeremy said...
Mr. Napoleon (aka the short general)

Anonymous MissMeliss said...
I should've just answered. Napoleon Buonaparte.

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
LOL Meliss. Don't worry, just check back tomorrow (or later today because this is yesterday's question) for another question. I post them (usually) daily Mon - Fri and occasionally on Sat. At the end of the month, I throw the names of the daily winners in the hat and pull one for a winner. There will be plenty of chances.

Thanks for playing.

And, Jeremy, thanks for playing and getting it right first.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
yay, we have more players.
robynl(bad blogger)

Blogger The Tour Marm said...
I usually have something called Figure It Out Friday. I was away last week and didn't finish my WW and FIOF posts as an explanation, but a new one will appear today. You're welcome to look up last week's and try to guess it as well!

Hope to see you!

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)