Thirteen Places I've Been This Summer
In the order in which I visited them.
1. Munich, Germany
- this was the first stop on a family trip to Germany. It was great seeing places I hadn't seen in many years. I went to school in Munich back in the 70's.
2. Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany
- a favorite touristy place to go.
3. Nuernberg, Germany
- another place I lived before. I didn't remember the walk up to the castle as being so steep.
4. Rosstal, Germany
- a small town outside Nuernberg. We took dd there to show her where she lived when she was two.
5. Regensburg, Germany
- one of my favorite cities in Germany. This city on the Danube is just beautiful and old. The history is amazing!
6. Salzburg, Austria
- another beautiful, old, historic city with another steep walk up the side of a mountain to a fortress.
7. Freising, Germany
- a small city outside Munich. It was our last stop before flying out the next day.
8. Independence Rock, Wyoming
- we stopped here on our way to South Dakota on the Youth Mission trip. The kids had a blast.
9. Hot Springs, South Dakota
- we ended up spending a couple of days here in a motel. It is a pretty town with a natural hot spring fed public swimming pool. If you're ever in the area, I recommend a trip to Evan's Plunge.
10. Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota
- a great historic and touristy place. The kids had a blast here, too.
11. Rock Springs, Wyoming
- I detoured on my way back from South Dakota to visit my grandparents' and great-grandfather's grave in the cemetery. I hadn't been there in a couple of years.
12. Flint, Michigan
- off to visit the in-laws
13. Frankenmuth, Michigan
- Christmas in July! Enough said.
Labels: Summer travels, Thursday Thirteen