Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Wurzburg, part 2
When warfare changed and fire power developed such that large fortresses were obsolete, the Prince-bishops in Wurzburg built themselves a gorgeous palace down in the center of town.

It is known for it's lavish and luxurious interior and beautiful gardens. I have toured it a number of times and each time I look around it in awe as I try to think of what it must have been like to live in such a place.

And that's, of course, when my 'fairy tale' imagination kicks in. It's easy to create magical stories when you are in magical surroundings and usually after visiting a place like this, I go home and scribble down ideas for books. I didn't do it in Wurzburg, but Regensburg was a different matter.

So, now I'll leave you with pictures of the gardens, too.




Needless to say, none of these pictures do the gardens justice, but they'll give you a glimpse.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)