Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #8


Thirteen things on my calendar for this weekend. . .


1. Begin fasting at 2:00 pm Friday for 30 Hour Famine
2. Run errands to insure that 30 Hour Famine activities are set up
3. Go to store to buy bottled water and juices to keep me and the other 14 doing the 30 Hour Famine hydrated
4. Pack bag for two overnights at church (part of 30 Hour Famine)
5. Go to son's dance concert at 6:30
6. After concert get to church by 9 pm to unlock and let Youth in (13 kids 7th-12th Grade)
7. Dad is flying in at 10:00 pm; sister will pick him up and take him to her home
8. Saturday morning - 10:00; sister's college graduation - she's getting her MBA (I will miss it because I'm at the church)
9. Saturday (all day) - supervise the Youth while they are fasting and doing activities to raise money for 30 Hour Famine
10. Saturday evening - break our fast at 8:00 pm with meal, then practice for Youth Service
11. Sunday morning - Youth led Worship (I hope I'll be able to just sit and watch and let the Youth have their hour in the sun)
12. After Worship, go home and have midday dinner with family
13. Get Dad to airport by 5:30, then back to church at 6:00 pm for Youth night (celebrating completing 30 Hour Famine and Youth Service with Pizza and games)

Labels: ,

27 Comments:
Blogger amy said...
Hope you get everything done! Mines up and we are having a blogging scavenger hunt!

Anonymous Lene said...
oh my! What a busy weekend! I hope it all gets done. Good luck and happy TT!

Blogger scribbit said...
You have a big weekend planned, good luck with the fast. Wow, that's hard for me to do.

Blogger mar said...
Good luck with the fast and congrats to your sister on her MBA!
happy thursday and happy thirteening :)

Anonymous Healthy Nadine said...
Hope you have a great weekend!

You remind me to also make a list of my weekend plans.

Thanks!

Blogger Dragonheart said...
Good luck with everything! You will be really busy. Stay safe and healthy during the 30 hour famine!

Blogger MommyBa said...
Looks like you have such a full week in your calendar. Good luck with the fasting. I don't really think I can do such a thing so kudos to you.

Happy Thursday!

Blogger whenn said...
You have quite a busy week end coming up! Good Luck and God bless!

Blogger Darla said...
Good luck with your busy weekend, and congrats to your sister. :)

Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...
good luck with your 30 Hour Famine. what a great event to participate in!

Blogger Tilly Greene said...
What a full weekend! Good luck and congrats to your sister for her MBA :-)

Blogger Lori said...
Your gonna be a busy girl!!

Blogger Christine said...
I hope everything goes well for you during the 30 hour famine. I remember doing that in high school and having a great time.

Being very hungry, but having a good time. :)

Blogger Dane Bramage said...
I pray for your good success this weekend! Weekends seem the busiest times to me especially with church duties.

My TT 13 Classy Insults is up. Stop by if you get the chance.

Blogger LLD said...
You are going to be enjoying that pizza afterwards !! :)

Have a great time.

Blogger Ash said...
Have Fun!

Wow! That is going to be one intense weekend! Good luck with the fast and, as always, thanks for visiting West of Mars.

Happy TT!

Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...
Wow, a list so full and busy, Denise, it makes me tired! Wishing you the best for your 30 Hour Famine. Great cause.

Blogger Elle Fredrix said...
Wow. Best of luck on the fast and all your planned activities.

Anonymous she said...
Wow, looks like you'll be super busy this weekend. Hope you have fun.

Blogger Michelle Hasker said...
Wow, you are ver busy too!
Great job and good luck with the 30 hour fasting. My church's youth group does it too. I dread the thought of going 30 hours without food though I could skip a few meals without worrying.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Blogger Green Eyed Girl said...
Man, you are super busy! Good luck with everything.

Blogger Babystepper said...
Hope everything goes well.

Blogger Rhonda Stapleton said...
Good grief, are you busy...and I thought I had a full plate! LOL

Good luck!!

Blogger Laura said...
Wow - what a list! After a 30-hr fast, coming up with another list of 13 things will seem like a piece of cake. ;) I look forward to seeing, perhaps, what you learn and experience from your fast as part of your next list. Definitely keep us posted! Thanks for your kind words on my list - a rather paltry attempt, but that's how fun habits begin. Blessings,
Laura

Blogger Lady G~ said...
Wow! What a list! Sounds like you are going to have quite a busy weekend. Oh, I've done the 30 hour famine. Blessings to you...

Anonymous MissMeliss said...
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. The 30-hour famine exercise seems really interesting (I have to go back and read more about it.)

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)