Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
A step in the right direction. . .
On May 17, 1954, the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the decision of Plessy v. Ferguson and declared that "separate was inherently unequal" when it came to educational facilities for the American children. This historic case, Brown v. Board of Education, was a huge step in the fight for equal civil rights among African Americans.

The three attorneys who worked on this case are pictured here. The one in the middle later became a U.S. Supreme Court Justice.

Who is he?

Labels:

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thurgood Marshall,

robynl

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Did you forget to sign in, Robyn? I have done that before, then wondered why I couldn't post properly. At any rate, you're correct.

Blogger robynl said...
Denise, I had to go anonymous and put my name at the bottom of the comment. I can't sign in with username and password(won't let me) and I have to sign up for an account every time I want to comment. Sucks!!! It keeps saying incorrect password.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)