Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
8 Random Things
I was tagged by my fellow WAT (Writers Across Time), Leslie Dicken, to disclose eight random things about me. Hmmm - how random do they have to be? I don't know, but here are some things you didn't know about me. . .

1. I was an extra in the movie, Rollerball, with James Caan. I was living and going to school in Munich, Germany and it was filmed at Munich's Olympic Stadium. I actually met Mr. Caan and he was very nice.
2. I loved gymnastics as a kid - the trampoline was my all out favorite. But shooting up to five-foot-eight during my teenage years was the end of that.
3. I learned to play tennis on clay courts in Germany when the requisite attire was all white. My Mom was not thrilled when my Dad and I returned from a day on the courts. That red clay got on and into everything.
4. I learned to ski at age 9 in the Alps. It was okay, but I preferred ice skating - and still do.
5. As a follow up to that, I played on my college's women's hockey team in my senior year. It was a one-time deal, though. The next year they didn't have the team again. I even made a goal during a game.
6. I was also a cheerleader for three of my four college years.
7. Both of my kids were born on the 13th of the month - my daughter on a Friday. They both feel that Friday the 13th are lucky days for them.
8. I love riding rollercoasters. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I would wear oversize dresses to amusement parks so they couldn't tell I was pregnant and keep me off the rollercoasters.

Now, I tag Tori Scott, Laura Hamby, and Grace Tyler.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:
Blogger Grace Tyler said...
What a gorgeous slide show! I'll have to get you to show me how, once I have something to put up!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
I'm learning, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y how to do these things. I might be ready for a website by Summer (08?) sometime.

Blogger Elle Fredrix said...
Now this just isn't right! I was just coming over here to tell you I'd tagged you for the very same meme. :o) oh, well. You've already done it.

Blogger Marianne Arkins said...
My DD (who is 8 y.o.) wants to play womens hockey! Her dad is a big hockey geek.

Sounds like you've had a very exotic and eventful life! Great answers...

And, hey, thanks for visiting! Your slideshow is neat. I'll have to try one.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)