My apologies in advance if I don't get back to your TT. I am away at a two-day seminar and may or may not be able to get online. Thank you for visiting mine!Thirteen Sports I have played or participated in. . .
1. Tennis - I learned from my Dad when I was nine; played all four years in High School and still play in local leagues
2. Track - my Senior year of HS a girls' track team was formed; I took third in Regionals that year in the Long Jump
3. Ice Hockey - my Junior year of college a women's ice hockey team was formed; I wasn't very good at stopping on my skates (was too used to figure skates), but I made a goal in one of our games
4. Cheerleading - three years in college; enough said
5. Flag Football - back in HS it was called Powder Puff for girls and only played between the classes, but it was fun
6. Roller Skating - I started my skating years with a set of "key" skates; if you know what those are, you're OLD!!
7. Gymnastics - I loved tumbling and the trampoline, but was never good enough to actually compete
8. Basketball - for some reason being nearly 5'9" meant that P.E. teachers thought I should be good at this; I wasn't
9. Handball/Racquetball - I quit playing this when I realized it was ruining my tennis game
10. Soccer - my husband coached my son's team for a while and sometimes the parents would get out and play against the kids for practice and exercise; not for the faint of heart; kids are ruthless!
11. Softball - I played in a local church league for about five years, but eventually had to stop
12. Billiards - my grandfather owned a pool table; enough said
13. Horseback riding - well, I've only actually been on a horse ONCE, but it was enough!
Labels: Sports, Thursday Thirteen