Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Who Am I?

I was born in 1811 in Connecticut.
My father was a Calvinist preacher.
When I was 21, my family moved to Cincinnati, Ohio.
My father was the first president of Lane Theological Seminary.
During my marriage, I had seven children. Only three outlived me.
In 1852, on this date, I published a book subtitled: Life Among the Lowly.
In 1853, I toured Europe, speaking about my book.
My husband and I lived in Brunswick, Maine, where he held an academic position at Bowdoin College.
I met President Abraham Lincoln in December 1862.
I wrote the book: How to Live on Christ, which was distributed to missionaries in 1869.
I died in 1896 in Connecticut.

Who Am I? And what is the title of the book I published on this date in 1852?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:
Blogger Uisce said...
You're Denise, aren't you? Oh, the lady in the picture, you mean? Well I don't want to give it away for the next person, but my answer was right when I googled it.

Blogger robynl said...
It was on this day in 1852 that Harriet Beecher Stowe's classic book was published. Uncle Tom's Cabin, subtitled Life Among the Lowly

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Very funny, Uisce. Thanks for dropping by, though.

I bet Robyn's using Google, too, because she answers all my questions right!!

I have a book that I use for my basis, then I do more research either on the Web or in more books. It's lots of fun, and I'm learning lots of stuff.

Blogger robynl said...
I am researching on the internet, yes. LOL.

Blogger robynl said...
I am researching on the internet, yes. LOL. It is fine also.

Blogger robynl said...
that was supposed to be 'it is fun also'. My goodness, 3 entries to get said what I wanted to say. I enjoy searching for the answers.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)