Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Tuesday Tango
This is what happens when you blog-surf instead of write or, in my case, work. While checking out Beth Williamson's blog, I thought this might be fun. If you're a writer, try it and leave me a note so I can check out your blog, too.

The instructions: Turn to page 123 in your work-in-progress. (If you haven’t gotten to page 123 yet, then turn to page 23. If you haven’t gotten there yet, then get busy and write page 23.) Count down four sentences and then instead of just the fifth sentence, give us the whole paragraph.

So, here's mine. It is page 23 and VERY rough.

Leah was not prepared for her reaction to the Belton's visitor. As he rose to his feet, her breath caught momentarily in her throat as the room shrunk in size. He was not overly tall or large, but his presence overshadowed everyone else. The plain clothing did nothing to disguise the powerful set of shoulders or long, muscular legs and the afternoon sun coming in through the window behind him picked out red highlights in his mahogany hair. Eyes that mirrored the calm surface of a lake seemed to look directly into her soul and she couldn't shake the feeling that her life had just changed irrevocably.

This WIP doesn't even have a name yet, so it has a way to go before being finished. So, I guess I'd better get writing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:
Blogger KimW said...
That's enough for me to want to hear more about him. Keep writing! I like it.

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Thanks, Kim. That's what I need to hear.

Anonymous Hippo said...
More! More! I wanna read more!

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)