Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Thursday Thirteen - 1st Edition
Today I'm trying something new.


Thirteen Things about Denise Patrick


Thirteen Schools I've Attended
1. Starr King Elementary, San Francisco, CA
2. Daniel Webster Elementary, San Francisco, CA
3. Nellingen American Elementary, Nellingen, Germany*
4. Boeblingen American Elementary, Stuttgart, Germany**
5. Schwaebisch Hall American Elementary, Schwaebisch Hall, Germany*
6. Chipman Jr Hi, Alameda, CA (now a Middle School)
7. Col. Johnston Middle School, Ft. Huachuca, AZ***
8. Sierra Vista Jr Hi, Sierra Vista, AZ (now a Middle School)
9. Buena High School, Sierra Vista, AZ
10. University of Maryland, Munich Campus, Munich, Germany
11. Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ
12. University of Utah College of Law, Salt Lake City, UT
13. George Mason University, Fairfax, VA

*closed
**now a combined elementary and middle school
***now an elementary school
Can you tell I was a military brat?


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels: ,

19 Comments:
Blogger Cam Québec said...
Real Nice Blog you have there ! I have appreciation for you, you did a really good job, I will link your blog. You can do the same with my blog if you want. Bye bye xxx

Blogger Amelia Elias said...
Goodness! That's quite the list of schools. Makes me realize just how lucky I was to attend kindergarten through my senior year at the same school!

Anonymous christine said...
Wow - can you say "Sprechen sie deutsch?" Seems like you've had a very interesting childhood. I attended three different schools - one public and two private.- oh and two different universities.

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
LOL, Amelia you're dating yourself. Do you know how long ago one-room schoolhouses went out? *ggg*

Christine - as a matter of fact, German was my undergraduate minor and I speak it well enough to get around when I go back to visit.

Blogger Uisce said...
wow, DW elem -- we have lots of DW things here in NH -- he was born about 55 miles from where I live

welcome to it, new thirteener! mine's up!

Blogger Michelle Pillow said...
That was a lot of schools! Which was your favorite area to live in?

Anonymous HighlandAmy said...
Wow! I've gone to quit a few schools too, although I'm not quite up to 13 yet... I think I'm at 10... maybe after grad school I can do a TT on schools I've gone to ;)

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Michelle - I think #10 (UMMC) because I was old enough to be on my own and living in Munich, Germany. The adventures my roommate and friends and I got up to were amazing. Today I'd be scared to death to allow my own daughter to do some of the stuff we did!

Blogger UKZoe said...
If you count University I can make 7 schools! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Blogger Chelle said...
You have done some moving around! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Blogger Angela James said...
I'm not sure I've attended thirteen schools! I might have come close, though.

Blogger Ciar Cullen said...
Wow! Go Terrapins! Okay, not the Munich campus LOL

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Actually, Ciar, we were the Terrapins in Munich, too. I was a cheerleader and have the pictures to prove it!

Blogger Melissa said...
I need to do that! Hmmm, not sure I have had 13 thought....

Blogger Norma said...
I'll have to try that some day. I attended kindergarten in Alameda.

Blogger Raggedy said...
You sure got around!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
Thank you for your visit.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Wow...did you get degrees from these?

Wow! Lots of schools you have attended so yes I immediately thought you father must have been in the military.

Thanks for visiting my TT!

Happy St. Pat's!

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Butterfly - I got degrees from #10, 11, and 12.

Thanks for dropping in.

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)