1. culch (great quantity of rain) - I can hear it now. "The weather forecast for next week is for culch.
2. skingy (cold or nippy weather) - "It'll be skingy next week." Yeah, sure.
3. ramjollock (to shuffle cards) - "C'mon Dan, just do the ramjollock so we can play." Hmmm. Do what?
4. bossacks (a fat, lazy woman) - I don't think I want to go there.
5. elucubrate (to do a thing by candlelight) - If you can pronounce it, then by all means, do whatever you want.
6. shazzying (dancing) - I wonder if "sashaying" developed from this one?
7. fagot (a badge worn in medieval times by those who recanted heretical opinions) - Enough said.
8. axwaddle (a dealer in ashes) - Do we want to know who would buy his commodity?
9. celebaterian (an unmarried person) - Do you suppose an "r" was left out of this one?
10. pollyfox (to equivocate) - I suppose it's not a bad word, but then again, I'm not sure I like it either.
11. poupics (victuals made of veal steaks and slices of bacon) - "Pass the poupics." This is the kind of meal we call a "heart attack" meal in our house. Can you feel your arteries clogging just reading about it?
12. blodeo (a boxing tournament) - I don't think heading out for the blodeo sounds like you're headed for the boxing ring.
13. twistical (not quite moral) - Um. Yeah. Maybe, considering today's society, we shoulda kept this one.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants