Denise's Den
Welcome to the den of Historical and Inspirational Romance Author, Denise Patrick
Come on in, curl up with a good book (hopefully one of mine), and stay awhile.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Pi(e) Anyone?
My daughter is a college Math major. (She didn't get that from me!) So today is a big day for the Math Society on campus. It's Pi day. Do you know why? Because today's date is 3.14.

For those of you who are scratching your head because you slept through High School Geometry, don't feel bad. As long as 2+2 continues to equal 4, I'm fine with not knowing all the ins and outs and intricacies of mathematics. I leave that to my kids. So, why are we making such a big deal about an "irrational real number" anyway? Who knows, but it sounds like a good excuse to have a party and I'm all for parties! I happen to know that my daughter and her cohorts are doing experiments that relate to the circumference of circles, and will be going to an elementary school to do demonstrations and serving pie (the edible kind) afterwards. All in all it sounds like a fun day.

Today's question: Born on this day in 1879, this person was named Person of the Century by Time Magazine in 1999. Who was it?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:
Blogger robynl said...
Albert Einstein(German pronunciation (help·info)) (March 14, 1879 – April 18, 1955

Blogger Denise Patrick said...
Oh, yeah, Robyn. Thanks for coming out to play!

Post a Comment

Links to this post:
Create a Link
Contact Me
Email me at
denisepatrick @ gmail.com
(sans spaces, of course)